Out shopping for the ideal Bluetooth selfie stick? What makes a selfie stick good? Selfie sticks are increasingly popular as more and more people look for better ways to capture the ultimate selfie. In this post, we look at some of the key things you ought to evaluate when selecting the right selfie stick for your photography.
- Bluetooth Support – to start with, you’ll want to go for a monopod that offers support for your Bluetooth devices. There are many types of selfie sticks, but the best ones are those that leverage Bluetooth technology to make things easier.
- Extensive Battery Life – most of the best selfie sticks in the market are equipped with a rechargeable battery so that you can charge them and then use them outdoors. How long this battery lasts is also very important. Nobody wants to buy an accessory that runs out of battery power every 30 minutes. I’d advise that you go for a selfie stand that lasts for at least 1 hour 45 minutes on continuous usage.
- Compatibility – you’ll want to understand how compatible a selfie stick is to your mobile devices. Most selfie sticks are designed to work with smartphones. The iPhone is the number one device that is support by selfie sticks. When shopping for one though, make sure that the accessory you go for offers extensive support for a number of devices and mobile platform technology. For instance, you might want to look for an accessory that is compatible with Android gadgets, iPhones and other Bluetooth enabled photography gadgets. You never know when you might change your smartphone, or at least use someone else’s device to capture a group selfie during an outdoors tour.
- Easy to Use – this is self-explanatory, you’ll need to go for a selfie stick that is easy to use and that doesn’t have any complicated parts. Luckily enough, most of the selfie sticks available in the market satisfy this condition.
- Lightweight – if it’s not easy to carry, don’t take it. The best selfie sticks are the ones that are lightweight and easy to carry. This makes it convenient and flexible enough for all your photography.